mrlewishistoricalsociety

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Can someone help me figure out why A is the right answer for #28?

If physiological density is very high by comparison to the agricultural density then a country has
a) efficient farmers
b) a high number of farmers
c) too few farmers for the people
d) too many people for the available resources
e) both A and B and maybe d

6 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger KellySZHAO said...

I had B..

I don't know...
I e-mailed Mr. Lewis about it..
but I think he replied to only one question that I asked him totally neglected to see this question x___x

I asked him that if physiological density is high when compared to agricultural density than a country has, doesn't that mean it has a high number of farmers....
--but no respond

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put C, because I thought that since the number of people per unit area of arable land is higher than the number of famrers poer arable land, then there wouldnt be enough farmers for the amount of people. But then I read the question like a million times to try to get it and this is what I got:

The right answer is A. because the number of people per unit area of arable land is higher than the number of farmers per arable land. This means that it only takes a few farmers to supply the entire population with resources. This means the farmers must be efficient, making A the right answer.

i'm not sure about it but it will have to do for now :P

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger kasia said...

Physiological density is the number of people per unit of suitable land and the agricultural density is the ratio of number of farmers to the total amount of land suitable for agriculture.
Therefore, if the number of people per unit of suitable land is high and the number of farmers is low the farmers are efficient if the country is in a stage 3 or 4. They produce enough to sustain the whole society. I think this is why. I hope this helps … if it does not sorry..

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger KellySZHAO said...

ok thanks guys

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kasia! It did help :)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Jaxie said...

I once again went to princesspeach, and the same question was on there and the answer was c... but i don't this is confusing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home