mrlewishistoricalsociety

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

#21

i have a question. for number 21 I know the answer is
A. population increased geometrically while food growth increased arithmetically but wouldn't B. the world's rate of population increase was higher than food production be right too?
can someone explain that to me please

5 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger KellySZHAO said...

I have the same problem as you too.

I put down B, and got it wrong.
Because I saw that for A- population increased geometrically while food growth increased arithmetically

which didn't make sense to me, because it mentioned poopulation twice, so I circled B, because I remember taking notes from Mr. Lewis's sideshow presentation

that population will always be outrun food growth, and that food growth can't keep up with population growth.

I e-mailed Mr. Lewis... hopefully he replies back.
And if he does, I'll tell you.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Alejandra said...

ok thanx kelly

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger KellySZHAO said...

eh...

I still don't get him]

he just replied back to me that


pop= geo and food= arith for A

so... I don't get him -____-
man this test correction is annoying

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Iqra said...

i put all of the above because i thought that a and b were both true so i put all of the above.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Haris said...

the answer is A because that is the exact theory of Malthus... Population will increase exponentially, or geometrically, (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64...) while food growth and production and all that good stuff we need to survive will increase arithmetically or in counting numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6....) so people will always outnumber the resources.



hope that helps.. if it doesnt then ask again because i may have explained it a little bit too specifically

 

Post a Comment

<< Home