mrlewishistoricalsociety

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Sick

I am giving the email to several people and posting on the blog.

Hey punks I need you to step up and be a team leader. I am sick and because of the current situation must take precautions and not come back till Wed. I do not know if is anything to worry about. I will get tested. I feel fine. There is no reason to believe I have the swine flu as of yet.

* There will be in-class work. Take it seriously and it is due at the end of the period. I will count it as a zero if it is not turned in
* Students with AP exams can turn in the work the next day (make sure title and name is on it)
* I will be posting up videos of myself teaching the class. You (the class) will be required to watch them and to do the appropriate accompanying homework. I am not stopping my lessons. If anything, I will be more aggressive to make sure you do well.
* I am posting the first and second aphg practice tests. Do them at home fairly and honestly(some of you still have to do the first). How high a score you get does not affect your grade. I simply give points for having taken it. You will hurt your chances of doing well on the real ap test if you cheat.
* I will post the exam first and then post the answer key sat for the first one and later on Monday for the second one. For those of you left to take it, type it out or scan it in along with your total and the ones marked wrong or right. Make sure to mark the ones you narrowed down to three choices with a three and the ones you completely guessed at with a question mark.
* DO NOT CHEAT . I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SCORE AND THIS CAN ONLY HURT YOUR CHANCES OF DOING WELL ON THE EXAM. YOU WILL GET ALL OF THE POINTS NO MATTER WHAT YOUR SCORE.
* Do the in-class homework and homework well. I will notice and will hammer your grade.



The AP scores have been exceptionally good on those practice tests. The more the review, the higher the scores. One student went up 20 percentage points from their first test to the second. He showed me he has the potential to get a five on the exam. Many of you already have scores I want to see.

I am not stopping teaching. I maybe even use skype and teach the entire day over the net. YOU ARE SOME OF THE BEST STUDENTS I HAVE HAD AND YOUR SCORES ON THE APHG EXAM REFLECT THIS. I HAVE HAD SOME OF THE MOST FUN I HAVE HAD AS A TEACHER TEACHING YOU. YESTERDAY IS A TESTAMENT TO THAT. I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE GAME AND YOU GUYS ARE TRULY PUSHING YOURSELVES. THERE IS ONLY ONE THING TO SAY ABOUT THE QUALITY OF STUDENTS THAT YOU ARE AND THE FUTURE THAT YOU WILL HAVE:

ENLIST IN STARFLEET!!

WAIT, I MEAN YOU ARE THE BEST AND WILL GO ON TO DO GREAT THINGS. PUSH YOURSELVES. I AM GOING TO PUSH MYSELF. I cannot believe I am going to miss the opening of that film. It is probably the best star trek film in decades. It has a 98percent rating on rottentomatoes. Crap!!

I WILL GET REST AND GET WELL BUT I WILL TEACH YOU FROM HOME VIA SKYPE ON MONDAY. JUST IMAGINE MY JOB HAS BEEN OUTSOURCED TO INDIA. I WILL WANT THE TECHIES IN-CLASS TO HELP ME OUT WITH THIS. I WILL MAKE SURE IT IS SET UP.

THE FIRST VIDEOS GO UP TOMORROW AND THE SCHEDULE WILL BE ON MOODLE AND THE SUB WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO. I will be on the net MUCH of the time.



Mr. Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home