mrlewishistoricalsociety

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Advice

Hi everyone,

How was the quiz? Did It keep his word? I was just wondering and this is the reason why I posting this comment. I don't know what goes on in class, but based on reading previous comments, there is a lot of complaining and confusion as to homework and quizzes.

I don't want to lecture, well I guess the correct word would be to nag at you all, but I think it is needed. I am not in the class, so I do not know how Mr. Lewis is conducting it, but I want to tell you what I did and how I was taught. I had to read and do outlines all the time. I hated it and it took up a lot of time, but it was worth it. I think the information sticks better if you actually read and take tons of notes. Not only did we have that, but Ms. Tobias gave us papers and projects too and they would usually be due along with the homework- a lot to do in a short period of time.

My question to you all is: what did you expect out of an AP class? This is a college level course and guess what... all you do is read long (usually boring chapters too) and take tons of notes. To be honest, it isn't really assigned, but more suggested. If you want to do well, then do the work. I know a lot of information is being thrown at you guys from all directions, but life is like is a lot like that too. So if you can't put in the time to do this, then problems will come about... quick fixes won't help in the long run.

If any of you need help, I'm here. In fact, one of my majors is Human Geography and Geographic Information Systems. I also have a strong background in history. But I can't help unless you guys are more specific and prompt... don't wait until the last minute.

Don't get me wrong Peach. I think your doing a great job finding all that extra info and outlines and such, but don't become depend on it. The material is less likely to stick (in my opinion).

*sighing*

I had a lot to say, and I am not picking on any of you. I am not trying to choose sides either. Please do not take this as a bad thing, but more like a wake up call. Just remember that I am here to help.

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger PrincessPeach said...

wow...**starts clapping, then stops** that was some speech, yet you seemed more depressed and gloomy. did mr. lewis put you up to this? (i know, i know, he probably didn't, i'm just joking) but i didn't post those things as a dependency for people, i'm just trying to make it easier (i suppose. at least i try) you can understand after having taken this class right? thanks for the "wake up call" anyway. :)

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger PrincessPeach said...

**standing ovation**

he probably does like to hear his own voice, doesn't he? **thinks about it** heehee! now tell me, your royal punkness, has he always had a "thing" against France?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home